It seems I haven't posted much knitting content in a while so here's an update.
Curlycue Scarf is now on the straightaway, which I'm doing in seed stitch. The idea is to have a straight section for wrapping around the neck and curly ends to dangle. It goes slowly.
Gram's socks are just past the heel, though I think I'll have to rip out and add a few rows after she tries them on today. As long as I'm not redoing the whole sock it won't faze me.
Creamsicle T is a big disappointment. When I couldn't sleep night before wheel arrival, I started seaming her. Shoulders, check. Sleeve, check. Pinned the other seams for a try on. Hmm. Not good. Poofs in the wrong places, it does. Poke, prod, no help. Plus, with the mods for a snugger fit on the body, the sleeves looked a bit roomy overall. I've had trouble with sleeves lately, they just don't fit the way they should. Why??
Last night I ripped back, recalculated, and restarted. I added slight bell shaping to the bottom and took out 2" above the elbow. I'll probably have to readjust the sleeve cap shaping, which I've not done before. This may become a debacle. It may go swimmingly well.
On the plus side, the body fits me well, though maybe a couple of rows too long.
The yarn is holding up well to being frogged and reused. Plus, I reseamed the shoulder using it and had no problems.
And in the spinning world
This is the superwash merino, re-plied tighter. That's more like it. Better for socks.
And this I call Stained Glass. It's Winderwood Farms Corriedale plied with black commercial textured yarn. I didn't want the colors to clash like they did before, so I plied with a solid. This will be interesting knit up, I think.